Slowing the Aging Process with Meditation
This two-hour self-study with video and audio presentations is being offered to health and wellness professionals who want to learn, apply longevity research and meditation methodology with their clients. Health and wellness professionals assist clients with their health endeavors and are often asked methods to slow the aging process, reducing stress and have better quality of life. The presentation materials and practices in this course are designed to assist the health educator/wellness professional in sharing the latest statistics regarding stress, the biological impact of stress and lifestyle and the impact on aging. While we cannot stop stress, clients can learn tools to assist the body and brain to react more positively with the added benefit of slowing the aging process. Several studies will be analyzed that help the professional grasp the biological functions of the body and how meditation can specifically impact telomere length, aging, mood, longevity, sharpening memory and cognition. The course is designed to provide education and resources and then set the stage to provide meditation to their clients via in-person or virtually.
This training experience is a combination of lecture via presentation, demonstration, individual exploration and practicing skills.
Educational Objectives: After completing this training the participant will be able to:
- Determine the difference between chronological and biological age.
- Understand the evolution of the industrial revolution and how certain diseases are related to lifestyle.
- Inform clients on how to determine modern day stressors and the impact they have on aging.
- Define inflammation and inflammaging and the impact chronic inflammation has on the bodily systems which impact longevity and energy.
- Understand telomeres and what factors shorten length and promote aging.
- Recognize the benefits of meditation as it relates to stress resilience, anti-aging and presence/pause in life.
- Learn how meditation can assist in training the brain to create new neurological pathways to benefit the client.
- Identify various meditation techniques that can promote calmness, stress resilience, encourage longevity and well-being.
- Support clients by providing short, purposeful meditation that can be interwoven into daily routines that foster stress reduction, slowing down and fostering longevity.
Once purchased, you will receive an automatic email indicating that your order has been received. This initial email will not have a link to access the course. Mind Body YOUniversity will be notified of your purchase and then will set you up in the system to become a member. Then, you will receive a second email. This will be an invitation email that will have a link and will allow you to create a password so that you can access the materials for the course. You will begin the course viewing/listening to the module and reading the materials. After completing the course, you will complete the test and evaluation. After completing all tasks with 80% correct on your test, you will receive your Certificate of Completion. Note: If you do not receive a passing grade on the first attempt, you may edit your answer(s) and resubmit.
CHES or MCHES - This activity has been approved by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC) for a total of 2 Category 1 credits.