- Continuing Education
- Lifestyle Behaviors for Improving Anxiety and Depression
Lifestyle Behaviors for Improving Anxiety and Depression
Millions of adults in the United States suffer from anxiety and depression. Over half have been prescribed antidepressants for at least two years and ~25% are women of reproductive age. The market for drugs prescribed for these conditions is expected to increase worldwide to $16 billion by 2023. The first line of response is often medication without consideration of lifestyle behaviors. While our role is not to treat or have clients stop taking medications, we can learn more about these health conditions and provide insight regarding methods to assist with symptoms. The course is designed to educate the wellness professional regarding research related to anxiety and depression. Details surrounding how antidepressants work will be discussed along with neurotransmitters, the gut-brain connection and detailed lifestyle behaviors that can easily be applied.
Educational Objectives: After completing the participant will be able to:
- Learn common contributors related to anxiety and depression.
- Discover the relationship of gut disharmony, nutritional deficiencies and mental health.
- Understand how diet, chronic stress and inflammation contribute to mental health and wellness.
- Learn the mechanisms of how neurotransmitters work and how they impact brain and mood and be able to explain to clients and health professionals.
- Discover how the gut microbiome plays a critical role in mood and behavior and the bidirectional communication between the gut and brain.
- Identify research related to anxiety, depression, dementia, Alzheimer’s and other chronic diseases and understand and be able to explain to others.
- Understand the mechanism of how antidepressants work.
- Learn about helpful nutrients that improve mental health.
- Discover the importance of antioxidants, minerals, vitamins on brain health.
- Understand what foods to avoid and the impact processed foods have on health and well-being and be able to describe.
- Learn how movement, stress resilience and environmental situations play a role in mental health.
- Discover methodologies to recommend to clients that are easily accessible with suggested approaches to provide success.
- Understand and educate other professionals (round table discussion or in-house training) regarding lifestyle and mental health and assist that professional in making intelligent discussions with clients.
Once purchased, you will receive an automatic email indicating that your order has been received. This initial email will not have a link to access the course. Mind Body YOUniversity will be notified of your purchase and then will set you up in the system to become a member. Then, you will receive a second email. This will be an invitation email that will have a link and will allow you to create a password so that you can access the materials for the course. You will begin the course viewing/listening to the module and reading the materials. After completing the course, you will complete the test and evaluation. After completing all tasks with 80% correct on your test, you will receive your Certificate of Completion. Note: If you do not receive a passing grade on the first attempt, you may edit your answer(s) and resubmit.
CHES or MCHES - This activity has been approved by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC) for a total of 4 Category 1 credits with 1 (one) of those being an advanced level credit.