Cultivating Mindfulness for Health Educators and Wellness Professionals
Health and wellness professionals assist clients with their health endeavors but who is helping the helper especially during the COVID-19 outbreak? Wellness professionals may themselves feel disconnected which further creates challenges to helping clients reduce stress, cultivate habit change and create harmonious health.
The lecture and practices in this course are designed to assist the health educator/wellness professional in cultivating peace and self-care. Helping professions are often the first to take care of others and neglect themselves. The professional knows what to do and may make recommendations to others, but they are often too busy helping others and don’t take time to help themselves. The time has come to be on the receiving end of self-care.
The course is designed in a manner where the wellness professional can break up the learning and create times of brief lecture, mindfulness exercises, movement practices that not only assist them with their well-being but can be applied to their client’s overall health and well-being.
Educational Objectives: After completing this training the participant will be able to:
- Discover why health educators and wellness professionals need mindfulness, personally and professionally.
- Understand how stress and self-care can be assisted through mindfulness techniques such as guided breathing, meditation and yoga.
- Learn how mindfulness activities can assist self and clients in becoming proactive versus reactive.
- Determine how the vagus nerve impacts stress and methods such as sensory awareness, mindfulness meditation and yoga can help promote self-care.
- Identify tools for stress resilience that can nurture self-care and assist clients with their health endeavors.
- Determine which mindful techniques can assist clients more positively.
- Support clients by harnessing integrative skills that engage clients, provide a fostering attitude and reduce stress and encourage resilience.
- Discover studies regarding mindfulness methods that have been identified in helping individuals reduce stress, lessen pain, promote health and wellness.
Once purchased, you will receive an automatic email indicating that your order has been received. This initial email will not have a link to access the course. Mind Body YOUniversity will be notified of your purchase and then will set you up in the system to become a member. Then, you will receive a second email. This will be an invitation email that will have a link and will allow you to create a password so that you can access the materials for the course. You will begin the course viewing/listening to the module and reading the materials. After completing the course, you will complete the test and evaluation. After completing all tasks with 80% correct on your test, you will receive your Certificate of Completion. Note: If you do not receive a passing grade on the first attempt, you may edit your answer(s) and resubmit.
CHES or MCHES - This activity has been approved by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC) for a total of 3 entry level Category 1 credits.