Essential Oils for Well-Being
This four-hour self-study is offered to wellness professionals who want to integrate essential oils with traditional health education for well-being.
As technology continues to move into all areas of life, our time to let go and decompress diminish. Because of this constant need to be engaged, our sleep and mood suffer while our stress and anxiety escalate. These factors can impact our behavior and our belief system. As health educators we assist our clients with traditional methods to cultivate healthy behaviors, but there are alternative therapies that can play a pivotal role in reducing stress while improving our thoughts and our internal locus of control. What if you could assist your clients by simply adding essential oils into their daily routine? “Just add oil” has been my philosophy for the last twenty years and research continues to support this methodology as it relates to mind, body and spirit. During this course we’ll explore the hurried world mentality and the fear of missing out. We’ll discuss the history of essential oils, methods of use and safety. After a thorough review, you’ll discover the top six essential oils every health educator you should have in their apothecary. We’ll look at case examples of individuals who were overwhelmed with life, looking for assistance to discover a healthier existence without the use of mood altering medications. You’ll discover specific oils and combination blends that promote calm and sleep while improving anxiety levels, energy, mood and clarity. We’ll also look at cases where pain interfered with health and healing and review oil utilization methods that have assisted them in reaching goals they believed were unattainable due to distraction and lack of desire. At the end of the course, you’ll have the tools to work with clients individually and in a group setting. You’ll discover that by fusing essential oils with traditional health education methods you are enhancing your clients overall experience and outcome. This allows them to feel confident when facing difficulties and making decisions, take responsibility, be happier and feel more successful in life. One last point is that they can easily continue to incorporate oils into their life to support their continued health and wellness endeavors.
Educational Objectives: After completing the course the participant will be able to:
- Learn about the history of essential oil use, safety and storage.
- Determine methods to ensure quality oil.
- Determine methods of utilizing oils in one-on-one and group sessions.
- Understand aromatic notes for essential oils and combination blending.
- Determine which oils are phototoxic, potentially irritating or hazardous.
- Review six essential oils that can assist in the behavior change world.
- Discover peer-reviewed research as it relates to essential oil use and health.
- Review case studies utilizing traditional health education methods without essential oils and their outcomes and with essential oils and their outcomes – stress, sleep, mood, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, pain and behavior change.
- Learn specific methods to use essential oils one-on-one with clients and in a group setting.
- Discover specific recipes and remedies that can help clients have a stronger sense of self-efficacy and internal locus of control, nurturing well-being.
Once purchased, you will receive an automatic email indicating that your order has been received. This initial email will not have a link to access the course. Mind Body YOUniversity will be notified of your purchase and then will set you up in the system to become a member. Then, you will receive a second email. This will be an invitation email that will have a link and will allow you to create a password so that you can access the materials for the course. You will begin the course viewing/listening to the module and reading the materials. After completing the course, you will complete the test and evaluation. After completing all tasks with 80% correct on your test, you will receive your Certificate of Completion. Note: If you do not receive a passing grade on the first attempt, you may edit your answer(s) and resubmit.
CHES or MCHES - This activity has been approved by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC) for a total of 4 Category 1 credits.