Adrenal and Thyroid Health: Navigating Your Clients to Calmer Waters
This five-hour self-study with audio/video modules, handouts and resources is being offered to health and wellness professionals who want to integrate traditional health education with whole-body health and healing.
The adrenal glands are part of the endocrine system and produce hormones that impact our metabolic processes. These hormones regulate electrolyte balance, blood sugar, blood pressure, digestion and more. Adrenal function plays a big role in the effectiveness of thyroid hormones. A variety of things can cause the thyroid signaling system to become unhinged. This can include unhealthy lifestyle choices, poor nutrition, stress and environmental influences, to name a few. In this course, health educators will learn signs and symptoms of adrenal and thyroid imbalances. They will be provided a roadmap on how to assist their clients on which blood tests provide a holistic view, how to recognize lifestyle habits and influences that can impact adrenal and thyroid health. They will also be armed with information that will allow them to provide guidance to support their client in creating optimal health and well-being in a complementary and alternative approach.
Educational Objectives: After completing this training the student will be able to:
• Learn how interconnected the systems of the body are and how this relates to the endocrine system.
• Identify the symptoms of adrenal fatigue, hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s, hyperthyroidism, Graves, goiters, and thyroid nodules.
• Determine which blood tests are most helpful in obtaining a holistic view of adrenal and thyroid health.
• Understand the importance of nutrition, digestion and the gut microbiome as it relates to thyroid and adrenal health.
• Determine which nutrients, vitamins and minerals promote optimal wellness and learn how to implement an anti-inflammatory diet.
• Identify supplements and herbs that can assist the adrenals and thyroid.
• Understand the impact of stress and cortisol on the adrenals and thyroid and identify your stressors in life.
• Learn which methods can assist in reclaiming your inner tranquility including sleep and resetting your circadian and natural cortisol rhythm.
• Identify environmental thyroid disruptors and learn how to implement healthy alternatives.
• Learn about the history of thyroid medications and types offered today.
• Learn about the MTHFR genetic mutation/variation, homocysteine as it relates to thyroid and adrenal health.
• Create a plan to promote optimal adrenal and thyroid health for self and clients.
Once purchased, you will receive an automatic email indicating that your order has been received. This initial email will not have a link to access the course. Mind Body YOUniversity will be notified of your purchase and then will set you up in the system to become a member. Then, you will receive a second email. This will be an invitation email that will have a link and will allow you to create a password so that you can access the materials for the course. You will begin the course viewing/listening to the module and reading the materials. After completing the course, you will complete the test and evaluation. After completing all tasks with 80% correct on your test, you will receive your Certificate of Completion. Note: If you do not receive a passing grade on the first attempt, you may edit your answer(s) and resubmit.
CHES or MCHES - This activity has been approved by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC) for a total of 5 Category 1 credits.